Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Truth in marketing

Another raised eyebrow at marketing today. Yes, yes, it's not research. Unfortunately, I've been too busy actually reading and trying to apply it for work to have time to properly sit down and share the juicier bits with y'all.

Instead, I'd like to share my utter disbelief.

I've been looking vaguely around for a wheelchair, lately, since my therapists have started looking shifty and avoiding questions when I ask about them. And I came across the Karma Transit. That's right, there's a brand of wheelchair called the 'Karma Transit'.

I've been amusing myself by making up slogans for them - my favourite is still:


"Karma Transit... because it's all your fault."


Then I found their website. That's right, there's a whole range of karma wheels! They give their slogan as "Nurturing outstanding partners, manufacturing excellent products, providing superior services, and creating the brightest future".

I like mine better. It seems somehow more honest.

If I do end up in one, I'm attaching prayer flags to each wheel.

No comments: