Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Short but sardonic

"Medical statistician: one who will not accept that Columbus discovered America ... because he said he was looking for India in the trial plan."

- Stephen Senn, Statistical Issues in Drug Development. (1997) (lifted from the British Medical Journal)


Since it's Wednesday and I have hump-day-itis, as well as far too much to do, you'll just have to make do with the quote rather than a rant. Still, if you're looking for amusingly dismissive off-the-cuff summations, it's a pretty good one!

Have a good day, everyone, and stay tuned for 'Five things that will make Stealthflower point and laugh at your research'.

4 comments:

Nat said...

Thursday used to be hump day for me.

That was before I knew what people meant when they said "hump day".

Stealthflower said...

Mmph. Trust me, I don't mean that kind of hump day.

Not about my workplace, at any rate!

Nevor said...

...

Nevor said...

Oops. In my ...ing, I forgot to say that I'm looking forward to the list of five things. I imagine it will be entertaining.